The San Diego Sheriff’s website, (see press release dated December 5th), announced the following drunk driving roadblocks and saturation patrols during this holiday season:
- December 14- Sobriety Checkpoint in Vista and Santee, 8:00 p.m. to 3:00 a.m.
- December 15 – Warrant Sweep, South Bay
- December 15- Sobriety Checkpoint in Lemon Grove and Encinitas, 8:00 p.m. to 3:00 a.m.
- December 20 – DUI Saturation Patrol for the Poinsettia Bowl, 5:00 p.m. to midnight
- December 21 – Sobriety Checkpoint in San Marcos, 8:00 p.m. to 3:00 a.m.
- December 22 – Sobriety Checkpoint in Rancho San Diego (AVOID), 8:00 p.m. to 3:00 a.m.
- December 28 – Sobriety Checkpoint in Poway and Imperial Beach, 8:00 p.m. to 3:00 a.m.
- December 29 – Sobriety Checkpoint in Chula Vista, 8:00 p.m. to 3:00 a.m.
- December 30 – DUI Saturation Patrol for Chargers/Raiders game, 5:00 p.m. to midnight
- December 31 – DUI Saturation Patrol, Sheriff’s Department contract cities: San Marcos, Vista, Poway, Encinitas, Lemon Grove, Imperial Beach, and Santee.
Keep in mind, this is not an exhaustive list. Other local law enforcement, including the California Highway Patrol (CHP), San Diego Police, and others, may conduct their own driving under the influence patrols over the coming weeks.
“Like” The Law Offices of Susan L. Hartman on Facebook for more drunk driving information and notifications of other DUI patrols by law enforcement in San Diego County. And, get real time DUI checkpoint alerts text to your cell phone through Mr. Checkpoint.
These tools are not meant to help you drink and drive. Use them for informational purposes only. The best holidays start with safe, undistracted driving. If you think you will be drinking, plan ahead to avoid being a DUI statistic.
But, if you end up with a DUI charge in San Diego, call The Law Offices of Susan L. Hartman for help. We offer a free, confidential phone consultation so you can learn about your rights and options with no obligation. Call us at 619-260-1122 or use the “Contact Us” form on this page.